Welcome to ADAS
- the West Essex Alcohol and Drug Service
NEW: Vacancy for full time Recovery Worker - see Vacancies Section
Who are ADAS?
ADAS works in partnership to support individuals and families affected by alcohol and drug misuse to enable them to make positive lasting changes which improve the quality of their lives.
ADAS aims to develop non-judgemental, strong and supportive relationships with our clients. These relationships are based on professionalism, mutual respect, integrity and trust. We value our clients’ views as these are vital in helping us to improve our service.
The ADAS vision is to work towards achieving a society that is free from the harmful effects of alcohol and drugs.
In order to achieve this we will:
• Remain innovative in the treatments that are provided so that individuals, families and children affected by alcohol and drug misuse and domestic violence experience a real and positive difference in their lives as a result of engagement with ADAS's services.
• Enable and empower people to move on from substance misuse to realisation of their self-worth thus achieving their full potential.
What ADAS provides
- Advice & information;
- Assessment for appropriate treatment including Child Therapy, Child-Parent Relationship (Filial) Training and Family Therapy;
- Counselling & Psychotherapy (one to one);
- Community Alcohol Services;
- A Child & Family Service;
- Recovery Activity programmes;
- Relapse Prevention Courses (group);
- Stress, Anxiety & anger management courses (group);
- Referral to Detoxification & Rehabilitation Programmes;
Referral forms can be found in the Information Section